The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared - Jonas Jonasson I tend to read books by recommendations or popularity without really knowing what they are about. I used to read reviews but found that it takes away the fun of reading when you tend to know what is going to happen. So, when I read the title of this book, I knew that it was going to be fun. And fun it was.

I enjoyed how the 100-year-old man managed to get himself in a heap of trouble, something that I didn't expect from the beginning. I enjoyed following his life from his younger days and how he always managed to get put in jail and then bailed out by powerful men when they found out that he could build bombs. And since he despised politics so much, he had no problems blasting the other side for them.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and although it wasn't that believable, with him meeting all these presidents and leaders, I took it for what it was and found it quite comical and campy. I would definitely recommend this book to someone looking for a light and fun read.