The Good Nurse: A True Story of Medicine, Madness, and Murder

The Good Nurse: A True Story of Medicine, Madness, and Murder - Charles Graeber How could you resist wanting to read a book about a good nurse gone bad? Since I work in the OR myself, I just was so curious about this book because it just seems so unbelievable. I mean, how could someone who is trained to care for patients and be there for their every need want to kill them? I wanted to see what could possess someone to do such a thing.

The first quarter of the book was interesting. It gave some insight to the nurse's background and habits. I was mesmerized by the fact that he was such a hard worker and worked the hours that no one wanted to work, but would suddenly turn when he found something else outside of work to possess. I was astounded by the fact that he could go from hospital to hospital after all of the suspicions that followed him and yet had no problems getting jobs and in area where people were dying. It was sickening really.

The rest of the book just sort of dragged on for me. I don't know if it was just depressing or just to wordy, but I got bored at that point. I would still recommend this book because it is insightful and scary and it's good to know that you have to be guarded when you or someone you love is in the care of others. At least that is my opinion.