The Goldfinch

The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt It has been way too long since I have read a book so engaging and written so beautifully that could see and feel every detail. I especially enjoyed really getting to know the character through out his life so that I could better understand the decisions he made.

Once I saw the number of pages that this book had, I decided to use the reading immersion through Kindle so that I could hear narration when I was busy with other things. I was pulled in from the start and finished it in just a couple of days.

I was impressed with the research of the author for she knew details of topics to the very tee. The symbolism was so elegantly intwined that there were so many layers to it. I especially observed that Theo was much like the painting of the Goldfinch, in how they both were tossed around in life while needing a safe place to inhabit. I also noticed that below the wrapping or in the inside they were both beautiful and delicate creatures.

My words will never give this book the justification that it deserves, but the 5 stars hopefully helps.