#GIRLBOSS

#GIRLBOSS - Sophia Amoruso I thought that perhaps I was a freak of nature until I read this book and realized that there is someone out there so much like me! Therefore, I found this read quite inspirational.

Sophia Amoruso started her own business, now worth $100M, from scratch and pocket change. She never knew what she really wanted to do until she found herself caught in the middle of a prospering company, while feeding a hobby that she hoped would keep her from having a job where she had to talk with people. She never went to college and I believe she didn't finish high school but she's extremely intuitive and street smart. She's not afraid to speak her mind. She also doesn't allow others to intimidate her and although this book isn't a literary masterpiece, she has a way of showing the reader that in order to get ahead that you have to keep pushing and never back down.

I am a bit confused, however, about how she exclaims that traditional education isn't for everyone and some of the smartest #girlbosses started organically or from experience yet I noticed on her career opportunities page that she lists her job's qualifications and requires that they all have the traditional education that she says isn't needed for everyone to succeed.

In the end, I found this book to be thought provoking and hopeful. I am in a similar situation as she was as far as having surgery and then feeling stuck and wanting to work on my own terms and peacefully and I could see how someone can use this book to inspire them when life gets a bit tough. So, I definitely credit Sophia for giving me that extra pick-me-up when I so desperately needed it during a very difficult transition in my life.